What we do….

Here is a list of some of the really important functions that the Parish Council carries out in our community:

  • Manage and maintain the Queens Hall with over 30 events booked every week. Contact us to make a booking enquiry!
  • Manage and own the Library with over 2000 customers using our services each month.
  • Maintain the Village Green, Grange Park, Recreation Ground, Victoria Park and other green spaces. This includes the management and maintenance of the water feature and playground in the village.
  • Maintain the public toilet at the Queens Hall.
  • Offer the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme to over 60 young people from across Wharfedale.
  • We are the leading organisation in the village to establish a safe walking and cycle route (Wharfedale Greenway) from Otley to Burley.
  • Maintain the Round House (now recently refurbished) which is available for occasional hire. Contact us if you would like to hire the Roundhouse for your pop-up or event
  • Represent local views to Bradford Council with regards to requests for planning permission.
  • We offer grants of up to £500 for local initiatives.


Contact Bradford Council for...

Street Lighting Faults 

Report a street lighting fault, opens a new browser tab from where you can report faults. 

Report Street Lighting Fault 


Report a problem on a footpath, opens a new browser tab from where you can report faults. 

Report a Footpath Problem 


Report fly tipping, opens a new browser tab from where you can report flytipping.

Report flytipping


Contacting Bradford Council in an Emergency (Out of Hours)

In the first instance, it’s best to contact one of your district councillors:

Cllr Bob Felstead      07403 321862
Cllr Gerry Barker    07582 103495
Cllr Dale Smith         07801 669780
or call the Emergency Duty Team.

The emergency duty team are available on 01274 431000

The service operates outside of normal office hours 365 days a year. Please be patient, the EDT may be responding to many calls, for example during or following high winds.

Monday to Thursday: 5pm to 7.30am the following morning.
Fridays: 4.30pm to 7.30am Monday, with 24-hour cover at weekends and throughout Bank Holidays

The EDT will respond to all calls as soon as possible but at certain times the worker on duty may be dealing with several matters or may be out on an urgent assessment. The telephone staff will advise you if this is the case and your call will be returned as soon as possible.

Roads and Potholes 

Report a pothole or uneven road surface, opens a new browser tab from where you can report faults. 

Report Roads and Pothole Problems 

Gullies & Drains 

Report a blocked gully or drain, opens a new browser tab from where you can report faults.

Report a Gully/Drain Problem  


If a tree or shrub is growing from a private property and obstructing a footpath or lampost, it is the responsibilty of  the property owner. Before undertaking any work on trees on your property please follow the link below to check if your tree has a TPO or is within the Burley Conservation Area.