Burley's Community Managed Library
You can order online, by email, by post, in person or by telephoning the library.
Since taking over the management and ownership of the library in 2017, the Parish Council has been fortunate to secure the services of over 60 volunteers to help run library services and activities. In addition, the Parish Council have appointed a Library Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to oversee existing book lending ad help develop a range of new activities.
Should anyone have any comments about existing services or ideas for new services, please contact the Parish Clerk
In 2019 Burley Library underwent a schedule of internal and external works to improve facilities and preserve the library as a community asset. Funded by the Parish Council with grants for new furniture and shelving from village partners, the library is now a fresh, modern and inviting space that can also be hired outside of opening hours.
Library contact details
Address: Burley Library, Grange Road, Burley-in-Wharfedale, Ilkley, LS29 7HD
Phone: 01943 863714
Present Opening Times
Monday: 10am to 5pm
Tuesday: 10am to 5pm
Thursday: 2pm to 7pm
Friday: 10am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 1pm
- Disabled access and toilet facilities plus baby changing
- Daily Newspapers when open (Yorkshire Post, i). Weekly Ilkley Gazette
- Large Print and Talking Books
- Children's activities on Tuesdays at 9.30 am (term time only)
- Free wi-fi
- Free Internet access and word processing, with print capabilities from the library computers. Free access to Ancestry and Find My Past from within the library building.
- Colour and black and white photocopier A3/A4
- Fiction Reading Group for Adults - 2.30 pm four weekly on Friday
- Access to the Burley Local History Group/Archives by prior appointment