Burley's Community Managed Library
Following Bradford Council's decision to reduce their expenditure across their library network the Parish Council agreed to take over the running of the library service from April 2017. Although Bradford will not pay staffing costs, subject to review, they have offered to provide:
- The lease of the building
- The transfer of the existing stock of books and computers
- New books on a regular basis
- Payment of energy/business rates/etc.
- Access to a repairs and improvement fund for the building, although no firm commitment was given on the size of the fund or likelihood of obtaining grants.
- Training for volunteers
The Parish Council have been fortunate to secure the services of over 60 volunteers to help run library services and activities. In addition, the Parish Council have appointed a Senior Libary Assistant to over see existing book lending ad help develop a range of new activities
Should anyone have any comments about existing services or ideas for new services, please contact the Parish Clerk
The Parish Council will be marking the transfer of the library with a morning of music, refreshments and activities on 1st April. Please come and join us.
Phone : 01943 863714
Email : Parish Clerk